Skip to main content

Translate

Our Daily Devotional [02/06/2018]

Our Daily Devotion (Job 7:11)
Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.
Text: Job 7:11

Our emotions could go out of hand but God can handle it! He can handle our anger, doubt, fear, questions, grief, and even complaints. So you be sincere, tell it to God as it is. Get it off your shoulders. Express exactly how you feel: Job was brutally honest with God:
Therefore I will not restrain my mouth;
I will speak in the anguish of my spirit;
I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. (Job 7:11).
He continued, "I give up; I am tired of living. Leave me alone. My life makes no sense. Why are people so important to you? Why pay attention to what they do? You inspect them every morning and test them every minute. Won’t you look away long enough for me to swallow my spit? Are you harmed by my sin, you jailer?” Job 7:12-20

If you were God, how would you react to that? Maybe get angry? Is that what God did? No! Because God understood Job. God understands you, too, and he understands your hurt. God isn’t surprised when you burst out. He created your emotions with the capacity to get angry and express those feelings? God let Job get it off his chest; a kind of cleansing so that Job could get clean and be healed. The right response to unexplained tragedy is not “murmuring and endurance or suffering in silence": but honestly telling God yours struggle. Lam. 2:19.
Go ahead now. Express all your feelings. Release your frustrations. God can handle it!
Worship and pray.

Comments

Trending Topics

How to Remove Forgotten Pattern, Pin and Password Lock on Infinix Note 3 and Note 3 Pro

Man arrested for naming his dog Buhari in Ogun

Motivational Speech - The Connection between Divinity and Humanity

Dog named Buhari: Owner reveals why he named his dog Buhari

Our Daily Devotional

Unbelievable: See what Boko Haram has done to Nigeria

NECOM House the tallest building in Nigeria

Motivational Speech - Learn to be Patient in life

Our Daily Devotional

PHOTO: Meet the world oldest person from Nigeria